These are studios that are open to the public, not restricted to college students, that host workshops on metalwork, and may have open studio times. If you would like your studio included in this list, write to me and tell me about your facilities, requirements, and teachers.
- Danaca Design ~*~ 5619 University Way, Seattle, WA 98105
- Tacoma Metal Arts Center ~*~ 3833 6th Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98406
- Pratt Fine Arts Center ~*~1902 South Main Street, Seattle, WA 98144
- EMU Craft Center ~*~ 1228 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403-1228
- Mendocino Art Center ~*~ 45200 Little Lake Street, P.O. Box 765, Mendocino, CA 95460
- School of Silversmithing in Ireland ~*~ The Old Schoolhouse, Ballinaclash, Rathdrum Co., Wicklow, IRELAND
- Jansen Art Center ~*~ 321 Front St. Lynden, WA 98264
Guilds and Associations
These are non-profit associations with a focus on metal arts. Some are local, some regional, and some international.
- Seattle Metals Guild ~*~
- NorthWest Blacksmith Association ~*~
- Idaho Metal Arts Guild ~*~
- Creative Metal Arts Guild (Portland, OR area) ~*~
- Society of North American Goldsmiths (SNAG) ~*~
Online communities and resources
These are on-line discussion groups, associations, and other web sites with a focus on metalworkers. While I cannot personally vouch for the information they contain, many people find them uselful.